Aguila maintains a health and safety management system aligned with the best international standards and complies with host country regulations.
The company applies best practices based on prevention and develops emergency response and crisis management plans. Aguila is committed to achieving an injury and incident free workplace through the following activities:
- Education of health and safety risks,
- Implementation of health and safety procedures,
- Provision of health and safety equipment and personnel,
- Prompt reporting of any injuries and incidents to ensure lessons are learnt and equipment and procedures are adapted, if required, and
- Regular review of compliance to health and safety policies to avoid complacency.
Our people are of paramount importance to us. Safety is an integral component of our corporate culture; accordingly, we place a strong emphasis on safety training and development. We communicate our safety standards to employees through orientation sessions, first aid training, and on-the-job competency based technical skills. We remain vigilant in our health and safety practices, and also continuous improvements efforts. Our goal of zero harm reflects our commitment to the prevention of all occupational injuries and illnesses. We continue to strive for zero injuries by focusing on improving leading indicators and accident prevention initiatives.